Få hjemmesiden læst højt ved hjælp af adgangforalle.dk

logo&link til dansk version af sonderborgkommune.dk Logo&link für sonderborgkommune.dk auf Deutch (link til tysk version af sonderborgkommune.dk på tysk)

Sønderborg Municipality

- In English

Søg på sonderborgkommune.dk

Search form

Residence and work permits

Many foreigners are allowed to live and work in Denmark. Some, however, must have residence and work permits.
Opdateret 27.04.2020

The rules about residing in Denmark depend on your nationality, your professional qualifications and your reasons for applying.

Read more about the rules here (in English)

You can also find more detailed info through the following links (in English):

Remember all the documentation

It is advisable to bring:

  • Passport/ID
  • employment contract/admission papers
  • passport photos
  • birth certificate
  • insurance papers
  • tax card

from your home contry.(and/or the country you have been living in prior moving to Denmark)

It is optional but also advisable to bring 

  • educational certificate
  • marriage certificate
  • vehicle papers
  • driving licence
  • visa
  • medical card
  • rental contract
  • credit card