Move to Denmark
When you move to Denmark and have to live here permanently for more than 6 months, you must register online.
You must make sure that you have all the necessary documents - including a residence permit, BEFORE you register online.
You must apply for entry here.
Once you have registered, please send the receipt to email@example.com.
In the email, you can write whether you want to join Borgerservice in Gråsten, Nordborg or Sønderborg. Click here to see our opening hours.
We will contact you afterwards per. mail with appointment / appointment to come in person to Borgerservice - you must bring the original documents.
When you come to us, you will have to choose which doctor you want to have.
You can see an overview over doctors here: https://www.sundhed.dk/borger/guides/find-behandler/?MunicipalityId=540&TakesNewPatients=true
You must bring the following:
- Residence permit (not required if you have Danish or Nordic citizenship)
- Passport or identity card
- Marital status document (married / divorced / widowed)
- Birth certificates for children, documentation of custody and consent from a non-accompanying parent.
- Rental contract or written confirmation from a roommate that you live and stay at the address
- (This must be brought, even if you have already attached documentation in the self-service solution)
You must notify your move-in no later than 5 days after you meet the conditions for being registered as a move-in in Denmark.
Contact the population register to find out if marriage, divorce and death certificates need to be translated and legalized.
On the Family Court's website you can find information on the recognition of foreign marriage, divorce and death certificates as well as on legalization / apostille endorsement of these: Go to the Family Court's website.